WHAT IS OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY?
Occupational therapy is a health and rehabilitation profession that promotes health and well-being following a decrease in function or injury. Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants assist people across the lifespan to participate in the activities they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities (occupations). Common occupational therapy interventions include helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recovering from injury to regain skills, and providing supports for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes.
Occupational therapy services typically include:
- An individualized evaluation, during which the client, family and occupational therapist determine the person’s goals.
- Individualized intervention to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities and reach their goals.
- An outcomes evaluation to ensure their goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan.
Occupational therapy services may include:
- A comprehensive evaluation of the client’s home and other environments (workplace, school).
- Recommendations and training for adaptive equipment.
- Guidance and education for family members and caregivers.
Occupational therapists have a holistic perspective, in which the focus is on adapting the environment to fit the person and the person is an integral part of the therapy team. -- Information provided by The American Occupational Therapy Association.
Our therapists work closely with the client, families, medical professionals and other therapists to assist people in reaching their fullest potential. Therapy Solutions is committed to developing skills to promote safety, independence, excellent quality of life and assist you to “Take Your Life Back.”
We offer specialized care to patients with any upper extremity disease or injury. If you’ve experienced diminished or lost function in these areas, we can help.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY TEAM