Did You Know Therapy Solutions Offers Women’s Health Services?
Women’s health is an important part of what we treat at Therapy Solutions. At our Dickinson, Killdeer, and Richardton, ND physical therapy clinic, we know there are a lot of painful conditions that could impact the life of any woman.
Pain and additional issues surrounding the pelvic floor can occur for a number of reasons. It can be limiting and, for some people, even a bit embarrassing. It can hinder your daily life and prevent you from doing some of your daily tasks or activities you love.
Through our targeted programs, we can help reduce or eliminate the pain and symptoms you are experiencing. Contact Therapy Solutions today to schedule your appointment!
Will your Women’s Health services treat my condition?
If you are a woman suffering from occasional or chronic pelvic pain or bowel and bladder complaints, physical therapy can help! Pelvic pain and other issues can occur for a vast number of reasons, and a certain pelvic therapy known as “pelvic floor rehabilitation” can help reduce or eliminate the pain and symptoms you are experiencing.
Typical patients who would be strong candidates for our pelvic floor rehabilitation treatments include:
- Pregnant women (hip and pelvic pain, round ligament pain, low back pain)
- Postpartum women (diastasis recti, pelvic floor rehabilitation, posture and regaining core muscle strength)
- Postmenopausal women (vaginal tissue atrophy, pain with intercourse, bowel and bladder complaints)
- Women with pelvic organ prolapse (cystocele, urethrocele, enterocele, and rectocele)
- Women dealing with urinary and fecal incontinence (stress, urge or mixed)
- Athletes dealing with urinary frequency, pain or leakage
- Overactive Bladder
- Women dealing with pelvic pain or pain during intercourse (dyspareunia, vaginismus, vulvodynia)
- Women dealing with pain during menstruation (dysmenorrhea, endometriosis)
- And more!
What does a Women’s Health treatment plan look like?
According to ChoosePT,
“Women’s health physical therapists have specialized education and expertise in the evaluation and treatment of both acute and chronic conditions that specifically affect women.”
At your initial appointment, you will undergo a thorough physical evaluation and review of medical history. This will help your physical therapist determine the best course of treatment for your needs. At Therapy Solutions, our services include:
- Education (patient handouts and thorough information concerning your condition to take home).
- Bladder training (surrounding your bladder schedule).
- Neuro retraining (incorporating pelvic floor muscle activation during simulated daily activities).
- Pelvic floor muscle retraining.
- And more, as needed.
How can I get started?
Women’s health is important, and we want you to be able to live your life comfortably. If you are suffering from pelvic pain, don’t wait any longer to contact our Dickinson, Killdeer, and Richardton, ND physical therapy office.
We’ll help correct your pelvic floor problems so you can get back to living your life without pain!